Thursday, January 13, 2011

Football Oreo Cake

This past Sunday Ck and I went over to watch the Eagles game with some friends.  CK had to work so much Overtime this past weekend which made him sad, so I thought I would make a chocolate moose cake for him and our friends. (yes, I was oddly craving a little chocolate myself).  I trekked out to the food store to gather my supplies...

I cheated a little and got an Oreo pre-made crust from the baking isle, because remember I was a little sick.  How happy was I that I found Football shaped oreos! Perfect for Sunday football day, Yay!


What you need:
-Oreo crust or (to make you would used crushed oreos and melted butter, pressing it into place)
- a few oreos for the top
-1 container of whipped cream (I used light and it worked fine)
-3-4 tablespoons of hot fudge
-1 package of chocolate pudding
- 2-4 cups of milk (depending on the pudding you choose)

How I did it:


It is super yummy and super easy, I swear.  If I can make this while being slightly under the weather, anyone can do it.  First up is the hot fudge.  Pop it in the microwave oven for 30 seconds to soften then spoon onto oreo crust, smoothing it all around to make the first layer.  Next, take about 1/3 of the whip cream and smooth it onto the hot fudge for the second layer and toss it in the freezer to set for 10 minutes. 
While the cake it setting in the freezer, it's a perfect time to make the pudding.  If you get instant pudding, this process it literally just adding the appropriate amount of milk and whisking for 2 minutes.  EASY!  Next, because you want it to be a moose and not just a pudding, you need to add half of the whip cream that is left to the pudding, whisking again.  It looks so pretty at this point, almost like a swirl, but keep mixing until it's a lighter brown.  Take the cake out of the freezer and plop the moose onto the cake.  Lastly take the remaining whip cream and swirl it onto the top for a white top.  I placed oreos around the top for a design and it looked so fun.  Place the cake back into the freezer for 4 hours to set.  Here's the final ta-da!


(*all personal photos)




What's something special you make for someone when they are sad?


No comments:

Post a Comment