Sunday, January 23, 2011

What have I been up to?

(source)
 
Oh man! So a lot happen this week and therefore, the blog posting suffered a little.  CK is beginning to feel jealous of the blog but I quickly remind him this has helped him with more dinners and a prettier home.  So, I made a deal with him that I wouldn't blog (or too much) on the weekends, since starting next week he will be home more.  Now, I know you are all probably smirking as you see it is Sunday morning this post is going out, but he's sleeping, so then it doesn't count!  Anyway...so one thing we did this week...
 CK traded in his car.  When I first started this blog, I told you a lot of changes had just happened? Well one of them was me getting rid of my car.  So, yes...we both got new cars a month apart from each other because well, we had cute cars for 20-somethings, but now we need to be more practical. Now, is it practical to get two new cars in one household, I don't know about that, but we did.

My 20-something car was this pretty eclipse convertible with, you guessed it, a hot-pink pin stripe.  It was a beauty, but was horrible in the snow, no trunk space, had been keyed all way across the trunk by a formal sick employee of mine, smashed in and everything stolen out of it, had CK's car smashed into it, and some other mishaps of parking in the city. (uggh, it was time to let my baby go) In the background of the picture you can see my dad and CK, oh so eager to get into the car dealership to get rid of my car. BOO!
(source)
 But I actually have no room to complain, because I got a pretty Rouge that has lots of room for shopping bags, heated leather seats, a sunroof, more seating, and well it's all-wheel drive been fabulous in this ridiculous winter. 
And CK had this obnoxious bright yellow, big tires, jeep wrangler that you had to practically jump into and quite often did not have doors attached to it.  It was a bumpy drive and got 12 miles to the gallon, not so fabulous, but he loved in and could fit it in any parking spot he wanted.  This past fall, someone who was probably drunk, hit CK's parked jeep into my parked eclipse and drove off.  It sucked, for lack of a better term and it took awhile to get our cars back.  When we got the jeep back, Ck was so happy, that we did an impromptu photo shoot.  However, Ck will be doing a lot of traveling starting next week and the jeep's poor gas millege just didn't seem to make sense.  So, he searched for a new car and then came up with the idea of getting a truck, which he has always loved.  I was slightly confused because I thought we were going for more gas money?? But...apparently this truck gets 20-25/gallon, is in his favorite color black, and now he can start working on the DIY stuff around the house.  A truck would be very helpful for Home Depot runs and stuff like that, so who am I to stand in the way of a boy and his truck? Plus it has two seats behind us that can lay flat for the puppy (which means no puppy carsickness is my car) and there are those 3rd door suicide doors, which is cool too.
(source)


did you ever have a fun car and then have to trade it in for something more practical?


No comments:

Post a Comment