Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Family Tree

So, for the past few weeks I have been working on this project and I am so excited to finally share.  It's going to be a work in progress.  I loved the look of a tree in my living room but I have a puppy, so that was out. Then, I started searching and found some cool photos of wall decals, that are like stickers for the wall, but you can take them off without taking the paint off. ( I was hooked.) But they were $100+, so I saw these at the local craft store for 19.99 and bought 3.
(source)
I bought three because I wanted it to look like a tree, not a bush, and thought I could figure it out.  The color perfectly matched my couch so I knew it was the one.  However, a big tree needed a larger trunk and the branches were curved wrong for what I wanted.  So, I cut different leaves and branches with scissors to create the look I wanted, for more than half the price.  (this took forrrrrrrever).  But finally, after having to step back, look at it, move this branch 1 inch to the left,then up a little, finally it's done.

(personal photo)
Notice the x-mas decorations? yea, this project has taken forever, but then I thought one more thing would make this project complete. (because my artistic ability always encourages me to just add on more thing) If I added photos, then it could be a FAMILY TREE. :) I decided to hang some with ribbons, as if they were hanging from the branches and then get some to just float.  Ta-dah! ( I still need to print more photos so it's a work in progress, like I said)









How do you display your family photos?




No comments:

Post a Comment