Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wedding Wednesday-Girls Guide to

(source)


One of the facebook groups, I'm friends with is Girlsguideto.com.  I'm not sure how I became friends with this group, but they answer questions daily from all type of girly things plus they post articles.  Maybe the pinkness and "fabulous" is what did me in.  Well anyway, earlier this week they posted this article originally found here...  It was titled 20 things to Do before you get Married.  I thought maybe I would actually read this one...I copied the 20 things below but I have to tell you the feedback on this article was a little less than fabulous.  Many girls were displeased and although some I felt were appropriate like living with a friend, having a girls weekend, or getting your finances in order, there were a few that were maybe a little to umm, well slutty, for lack of better terms.  Some of the girls leaving comments have been pretty pissed, but I don't know, maybe a little dramatic?  But in any case, I thought I would share and see what you think...



20 Things a girl should do before she gets married...

Here’s the list:

1. Live by herself for at least a year.
2. Live with someone else for at least a year.
3. Recover from a broken heart.
4. Have a vacation fling.
5. Take a road-trip with a group of girlfriends.
6. Relish sleeping in a queen-sized bed by herself.
7. Get her finances in order.
8. Learn to love her body.
9. Sleep with at least one person she’d never want to marry (or introduce to mom).
10. Find reliable birth control.
11. Pay off as much credit card debt and student loans as possible.
12. Spend way too much on a something frivolous.
13. Exorcise all past relationship demons.
14. Travel somewhere exotic.
15. Establish a strong circle of friends.
16. Forgive her parents for not being perfect.
17. Have at least one night she can’t quite remember.
18. Experience some really bad first dates.
19. Find hobbies that fulfill her.
20. Celebrate her 25th birthday.
- Article by Wendy Atterberry



Sooo, anyone have any thoughts?



1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! Trying to get back into blogging myself but life is just so busy....hope all is well with you and Christian. How is married life treating you?

    As for the article....she would def. not agree with me or my marriage then. I was married at 22, never lived by myself...the list goes on =) But like you said just an article.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete