Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm back :)



So, I was a little sick this weekend but I made some great Asian inspired soup from left overs I had in the fridge/freezer in hopes that the soup would fix me and warm CK, who had to do some snow shoveling.  However, then I lost my sense of taste (due to a stuffy nose) and threw in a little too many red pepper flakes (whoops!)...


Empty out the Freezer Asian-Inspired Soup

-2 cans of Chicken Broth and each filled with another can full of water
-1 bag of chicken potstickers from Trader Joe's of course
-1 lb of frozen shrimp
-1/2 cup of chopped celery
-1/2 cup of chopped onion
-1/2 cup of chopped carrot
-couple dashes of garlic powder
-a SMALL dash of red pepper flakes

* I seriously love soups that you can just dump all the stuff in a pot and let it sit.  Especially when I'm not feeling well, so I just decided that's what I was going to do.  I put everything in my big pink soup pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes on Medium-low. Tah-da, and Ck even took it for his lunch the next day, so it worked!



Have you ever made an adventurous soup with things you see in your freezer?


No comments:

Post a Comment