Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Organizing with stuff you already have

(source)

If you haven't notice yet, I am always looking for new uses for what I already have in my house.  Whether it be a new dinner by using up pantry items or creating a piece of decor in my house.  I guess you could say it's my way of "going green" since my husband it totally all about this.  (I also tend to save us a lot of money doing these things as well!)  So, this week I am working on trying to get a little more organized. But shhh, don't tell CK, because as soon as I say this, he wants to get involved and give his opinion, while standing above me with charming comments, and well, it takes the fun out of it.  I'm one of those people who when I have my mind set on something, I do it.  However, if you distract me along the way, I may never get to where I was originally going. So, cleaning, organizing, and creating more decor is the theme for me this week.

I've got myself hooked to some traditional magazines, thanks to my grandmother for sending them to me in bundles.  I also signed myself up for Better Homes and Gardens weekly Craft newsletter and much to my surprise they were on the organizing track that I'm on. :)  Here our some of their great ideas on how to use items you already have to organize your art supplies....see full article here.

Some of my favorites...(*all images are credited to the above link)
A make-over for your college shower tote...


Using a pill case as a bead case :)

Revamping your shower caddy, so clever!

A Cupcake holder, which I could totally see holding jars of paint as well.
An item that once held toilet paper rolls, now holds ribbons, with perfect room to spin and each ribbon end can poke through the sides!






Do you have anything in your house that you can re-use for organization purposes?



No comments:

Post a Comment