Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DIY Christmas Tree Part Two- Ornaments

This year, due to having a very young but very big puppy, I thought it would make sense to have minimal ornaments that, well, they can't be hurt.  His big paws make him pretty clumsy so, a run in with the tree, may happen.  So, I went to my local craft store and found some great clear plastic balls that actually look like glass!  I filled them with everyday objects that are colored white, tan, blue, and green because these are the colors of my family room.  I love the look of yarn this year, so you will see this throughout the tree.  Here's some of my favorites...(all personal photos)
(buttons! I used leftover green buttons, with a few pink, because every girl needs a little pink on her tree)

(crayon balls! I hate when my crayons break so I used the blues and greens to create a few of these!)
(feathers!!! love it! I actually used a feather boa for less mess, cut it in half and made two balls)

(My ultimate favorite, marshmallows!!!)

(yarn ball! I used leftover yarn from a blanket I created for the couch, so it all matches with the room!)

(green and blue drinking straws that I cut up!, I always have straws in my house)

Do you have any homemade ornaments on your tree?


No comments:

Post a Comment