Friday, December 17, 2010

Pork Tacos :)

(personal photo)
We heart Mexican food in this household, yet we oddly haven't had it for a few weeks.  CK was complaining and I really couldn't think of a reason why I wasn't cooking it except for that I was getting sick of the typical chicken tacos.  So, why not pork, because we always have pork at least once a week.

What I used:

For the Pork:
- 1Pork tenderloin
-1 orange or clemintine
-1/2 cup or so of chopped onion
-salt and pepper
-around 2 tablespoon Apple Cider vinegar
-minced garlic or garlic salt

Pre-heat the oven, or toaster over in my case, for 375.  It will most likely take around 40-50 minutes to cook.  Put about 3 tablespoons of water in bottom of pan, enough to coat the bottom.  Toss in the pork, pour apple cider vinegar over the top of the pork and season with salt and pepper.  Then sprinkle with minced garlic and chopped onion. Lastly, cut an orange or clementine (because that's what I had) in half and squeeze some juice on the pork then place on either side of the pork in the pan.  Loosely cover with foil for first 20 minutes. I usually cut through the thickest part at about 40 minutes to see how pink it is, though I know that is not a visually pleasing, I'm overly anxious about cooking appropriateness because I get sick easily. Let pork sit for 5 minutes before cutting into.  CK cut the pork into small strips, but it easily shred. CK is still talking about these tacos!!


Extra Taco stuff:
-Shredded Cheese
-lettuce
-wraps (put in microwave for 20 seconds with damp paper towel to make warm)
-salsa (we don't use the jar kind, I buy fresh Pico-de-gallo at Trader Joes or look in the cold section of produce for chopped fresh salsa-this makes all the difference!)
-hot sauce
-Sour Cream


Does your house have a Taco Thursday or Mexican Monday like us?



1 comment: