Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hanging out...

So, we got a puppy this past weekend (more to come on this in future posts) and as I look around my living room I see that all of my objects are 4 ft higher than usual.  In fact, if someone walked into my house they may be slightly confused.  The thing is, the puppy is loving chewing on everything and especially Mommy's shoes.  I actually think that Daddy maybe giving the puppy my Uggs to chew on.  Oh my Uggs, how much I adore them.  I have a few but my traditional short tan pair have now transformed into my snow-shoveling-take- the-puppy-out boot.  You know what I mean? Oh Santaaaa, Mommy needs another pair of Uggs!  Anyway, I am very fortunate to have old-school deep window sills to hold all my things.
(personal photo-what a mess right?)










 See the boots? Also, on a side note, that blue thing in the corner is a penguin humidifier which my house needs because it is kinda of dry but also great because it's my husband's favorite animal!  So, this got me to thinking about hanging items in a unique way.  I have to be honest, prior to puppy, our coats would frequent on the arm of our couch.  So, I went on a search for unique hanging items and here's what I found.
(Source: Ikea Hacker)


Ikea hacker is so creative!  These half chairs are very unique right?  Have a small space, use a half chair for hanging space..hmmm, the puppy would love to chew on those.
(source)
(source)
 And then there are these wall decals (stickers that don't take the paint off the wall) that also have the ability to hang your coat, hat, or purse.  What a cool way to not take up a lot of floor space but still practical!!



And then I grazed over to one of my favorite stores...Uncommon Gifts and found these items here. I actually have these key holders but my husband is not fond of them, however, I love them, and they will be hung somewhere in my house, even if I have to do it myself.
(Super cute, right?)

( A modern day flat moose rack)

(tea cup holder super cool, my friend GG has this on one of her registries I believe)

And then I found these divers here on Amazon....


And (here) is a sport hanging unit, a Foosball player row...
(not going in my house as I have to fight for girlie things, but a cool idea)
And just because I happen to love being a *Yankee* from the Philadelphia area, here is a PA shaped hook.
(this etsy seller has many different states options for those of you not fortunate enough to live in PA)

So, have you found unique ways to hang your items or are you a couch armer like us?








No comments:

Post a Comment