Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wedding Wednesday :)

So, typically this will be my day to share wedding advice and respond to readers questions about their own wedding drama.  However, I thought for my first Wednesday I would share some of my wedding details.  Now, don't drive yourself crazy if you are a bride, I want you to remember that...
1. I don't sleep very often and 2. I have a BA in studio art.  Ok, so here goes...(All personal photos)


A giant "C' and "K" made for a great photo op.

My hair pin that says my last name "Kinsley"with a heart intertwined in it.  Can you see it?  I probably could have done it myself, but I needed to save some time.  So, I found wiremajigs  at Etsy.com and had her the wire name for me and then a bought the flowery clip at AC Moore.

Christmas Crackers are a tradition at my Italian Husband's Christmas table so I thought it would be great to bring that tradition to our guests.  I created them with hot pink tissue paper and after the POP noise when you pulled them, there was a tradtional paper hat/crown, a prize (a fake ring), a joke (wedding related), and a piece of candy (a wedding packaged mint).  Here's a picture of us in our hats :)


I spray painted over 50 pumpkins and 200+ leaves silver for a "glamorized Falling in love theme". and the place cards were personalized mini-canvases for the guests to take home.



The guests then went to sign the guestbook which was a large canvas with a bride and groom.  Guests were asked to pick their favorite color crayon and color in a number section.  Crayons were grouped by similar colors and placed in wine glasses for a little twist.  There was then a corresponding canvas with their number to sign.  Now, we have a great memory on our wall as opposed to a book that no one reads.
The favor was a coloringbook of "the story of Us" that I created for our guest to learn more about us as a couple but to also enjoy as my favorite pass time is coloring.

There are actually more details, believe it or not...but I don't want to bore you so that's enough for now!


Are you productive when you can't sleep at night?











No comments:

Post a Comment