Friday, December 3, 2010

Naturally Fabulous Panera...

(visit their site here)
Today I met my friend FB from Aligirlcooks at Panera Bread for a breakfast date, one of the pros of not working currently.  I heart Panera, they have the best bagels (I'm partial to the Asiago Cheese) and the best soups/sandwiches.  Have you ever been to one of this shops? Their display can be intense with its all over lovely options.  My mom once disclosed a dream of wanting to own a bakery and after seeing the assortment of options, I can see how fun that could have been!
(source same as above)
Pretty awesome right?  Sometimes I run in there and grab a couple bread bowls for a homemade soup and maybe you will see one of those soon!  Anyway, it was great to catch up with my BFF but I had some apprehension for a split second about going to this Panera site.  (I obviously overcame that quickly) Why was I worried since I clearly love this place? It is because of my last interaction there exactly 2 weeks ago.
(source)
I walked into the shop at like 6:45 am (so pretty early in the morning).  The lady in front of me ordered 4 dozen bagels to take into her work.  (It's pretty cool actually they give you a bunch of bagel assortments as well as two different kinds of cream cheese)
(source)

 Now typically they ask you to call ahead but this lady's response was...

"Do I look like a person who has the time to call ahead?" (whatever that means!)

Then she, in her very assertive voice, asks the kid to...

"Hurry up and by the way I would like the bagels cut in 3/4s not 1/2 because I like my top smaller then the bottom" (I'm not kidding).

The poor kid tried to explain that it is a setting on the machine cutter that he can't override and he says to me with an anxiety induced stutter...

"Is it ok, If finish with her before I complete your order now that I have to hand cut the bagels?" 

I, of course, said kindly not to worry about me.  Meanwhile, the line behind me was growing.  The lovely lady directly behind me said....

"You're perkiness is obnoxious". 

I turned around and asked if she was talking to me as I didn't feel like I was that perky actually.  She replied with an educated "uhh Yea". I told her that I was sorry she felt this way, with a large smile, and turned around, hoping my blond ponytail would be close to whipping her. Numerous people giggled quietly in the line.  Then a lady from the far end of the line yelled up "well, what's your secret dear?"  I turned around and purposely-obnoxiously stated...

"Well, some people are just Naturally Fabulous"....

The lady directly behind me said, underneath her breathe, "see, completely obnoxious"...more people laughed in the line at the lady, while shaking their heads, and I left wearing a huge smile, big sunglasses and pink pee coat, and bag containing a cheese bag.

(this is not me, I'm a blondie!...but just trying to set the mood for you from this site)


If you read my ABOUT ME section, you would know that I have the most ridiculous people interactions, and I so wish I kidding!  I will be sharing more because this is just one of many places that I have past unique experiences at that creates hesitation now.



How would you have reacted to this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment