Monday, December 13, 2010

Stylish Blogger Award



Hey guess what you missed last week?  I was awarded The Stylish Blog Award from my friend FB over at Ali Girl Cooks!!! and you can see her post about it here.

Of course I'll be more than happy to accept the award and participate to the terms and conditions. What do I have to do? Basically I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you may or may not know about and the best part is to award any fellow bloggers whom I think that their blog is stylish and fabulous and most importantly an inspirational blog.


Note: *To accept this award, there are 4 rules:*

1. Thank the person who gave you the award:

2. Share seven things about yourself

3. Pass the award on to bloggers who you think are fantastic.

4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.

(personal Photo)

So thanks FB! She thought it would be helpful to share with you all about my blog and I am so happy that she did.  Please, pass it along as well, as you know its hard at first to get readers!!!

Next, here are 7 things that you may or may not know about me...
(personal photo)

 
#1 and #2.  I love the color pink and I recently married my high school sweetheart.  If you read my wedding blog, than you would have already known this.  But yes, I love pink so much, that when I do laundry, I have enough to do a load and half of all pink clothes.  I love pink so much, that even my engagement ring is pink!  It's fabulous including a diamond from my grandmother's engagement ring and CK's grandmother's engagement ring.  I am a lucky girl. So be prepared to see lots of pink and wifely-duties throughout my posts.
(all personal photos)

#3. I'm a little artsy.  In undergrad, where I met some great friends, I studied Studio Art and Psychology.  Now-a-days, prior to my wedding, I hardly ever got to used my creativity.  However, for fun one weekend, I went to visit one of my college BFFs, known as "P",  in Ocean City, MD and we did this mural for a children play room at her work.  It was a little toon-town and it turned out fun and cheerful.  So throughout this blog, you will see artistic things as I try and incorporate it more back into my life.

(personal photo)

#4. I'm a homeowner!  It's challenging owning your own home.  Really it's a house, until you make it into a home.  This is an on-going task but can be fun along the way.  Especially if you are filling it with fun photos of you and your own artwork.  Interior design is a new fabulous endeavor in my life.  Throughout this blog, I plan to share this on-going process as well :)
(personal photo)

#5. Speaking of undergrad, I was a cheerleader, "Head Cheerleader to be exact" (two points if you know what movie that is from)  Now, I know this isn't always something to brag about and that a lot of people dislike cheerleaders.  Though being a cheerleader has not much to do with being happy, I try to keep the inner cheerleader inside of me at all times.  I'm usually the one in a situation that is trying to figure out the other side and how it could be looked at in a more positive light.  Now, don't get me wrong, I still get annoyed easily with certain things.  And for some reason, I always get myself in crazy situations. ( I'll share about them throughout entries)

(see Wednesday posts for source)
# 6. I'm good at helping people.  I have no clue why, but people tell me things.  Strangers on the street come up to me and tell me they were going to kill themselves until I smiled at them (I wish I was exaggerating).  I do believe that one person can make a difference however.  I use my Masters Degree in Psychology on my advice page on Wednesdays for brides.  Gotta question? email me at Bridalshrink@gmail.com!


(source)



#7.  Someone close to me was diagnosed with breast cancer this year.  Not-so-fabulous.  In a spirit of trying to stay positive, they caught it early, and maybe something can be learned from this.  There is a lot of research out there on how one's diet can effect their overall well-being and prevention.  Part of my wifely-duties is cooking daily, or as much as I can.  I am on a search for ways to trick my husband to eat more veggies, as he hates almost anything that is green.  So throughout my blog posts, you will find recipes, some healthy, and well some that we just craved because part of being healthy is listening to your cravings as well.

Now, I am happy to present The Stylish Blogger Award to:




1. Jen from MadeByGirl found here

2. Mrs. Pink Champagne from Pink Champagne found here
3. Shannon Eileen from Happiness Is...found here
4. Tracey from Procrastination Mama found here


  So spread the award around to let another fellow blogger know that their blog is heard, seen and show them that they are appreciated! You never know what litte cheer could do to another fellow blogger!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment