Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wedding Wednesday...In Memory of...

(personal photo)


Today is the day that I like to remember my Mommom for the amazing lady that she was.  It hard to even write about though its been 12 years now, yet I thought it would be a great addition to Wedding Wednesday.  How do you represent the people that you've lost at your wedding?  My Mommom was represented through my ring as her engagement ring was one of my diamonds.  I also used beads from one of her crystal necklaces in the my bridal necklace that I created...
(personal photo)

Yes, I made my necklace from old beads of necklaces from people I love and some earrings.  Turned out pretty awesome, right?  And then I placed a vintage pin from my Mommom's on my bouquet...

(personal photo)
 and lastly, we had the priest mention the people that we have lost and give a general prayer for our marriage and them...

(personal photo)
Some other things I have seen people do are...a memorial candle..
(source) 
Or a special section for a Memorial table...
(source)

And one of my favorites is the mini-frames for your flowers...

(source)
And I loved the idea of putting something in the program...

(source)
However, CK thought that some of these ideas were a little too morbid.  It's such a touchy thing to deal with, especially when you have lost a lot of people like he and I have.  We ended up please with our more silent touches, that only we really knew.


How would you handle the lost loved ones in your wedding ceremony?


No comments:

Post a Comment