Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Magic Cookie Bars

There is something very Magic about these "magic cookie bars".  The other day when I was at my parents house, I spotted a small container half empty of these and I couldn't resist.  These are my favorite thing that my Aunt E makes and I didn't ask but I am sure they were here creation! So, I didn't want to steal too many from my parents, so why not make them on my own?.  They are super easy and taste fabulous, but be careful they are rich and slightly addicting.  You can really google "magic cookie bars" for the recipe because most are all the same.  Here is the version I used however, the source is unknown, but I did not on the label for the condensed Milk you will find the exact recipe!

The Stuff you need:

  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels or (1 cup chocolate and 1 cup of Butterscotch chips)
  • 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (usually walnuts)

How you do it...

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
  2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. You can use the back of your spoon or fork to help press. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly again.
  3. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or cubes. Store covered at room temperature.

Is your tooth becoming sweeter this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment