Thursday, December 9, 2010

Have you seen these Christmas Ball Wreaths?

Do you have a significant other who finds it frustrating that you are constantly looking for new Christmas decorations to add to your house? Well, as I roll my eyes, I admit, I do!  I smirk a little, because I have been helping my mother set up some of her decorations and she has about 18 huge totes labeled "x-mas decorations" and CK (my husband) says he understands where I get it from now.  Anyyyyyway, if you have been on the search like me, then maybe you have seen these fabulous christmas ball Wreaths? I loooooove this one from Goodhousekeeping.com.  Maybe it's because its pink and green like my kitchen-to-be!!!

(source)

Though I love this one, while searching Google, I found out that this could be easily made and I love a craft challenge made easy.  So I share with you my latest creation...simple, I swear.

(personal photo)
My livingroom is blues, light green, and white, with a Pottery Barn/cottagey look.  What better way to bring out the blue then will a little silver sparkle.  Did I mention I l-o-v-e shiny and sparkly things?? So, how'd I do it?

(personal Photo)

All you need is a wire hanger,(you shouldn't be using them in your closet anyway!) that you will underdo and bend until it makes the shape of a circle, seen above.  Then I went on a search for Christmas balls.  You want to make sure you pick all different sizes because the little ones will fill in the spaces of the big ones.  I think it makes sense to pick between 1-3 colors and stick with that, but you could really do whatever you want.  I like the look of one color in all different shades. I actually bought most of these balls at the local Dollar store, seriously!  Don't spend a ton of money of this project.  Look at places like Target, in the dollar binds when you first walk in the door or CVS and Riteaid for some great buys as well.  Then I splurged on one fun set of X-mas balls for the wreath to put throughout.
(personal Photo)
Cute, right? I found these snowmen balls at Pier One and thought the white color would fit well with the silver, and it was the little twist I was looking for.  If you go back to the top, you can probably spot them placed throughout the wreath.  Pier One has some great ornaments if you need some for your tree :)



Do you have any DIY wreathes in your house? please share!



2 comments:

  1. Your blog inspired my Christmas wreath and I wanted to share with you what I did. http://juliespinterestadventures.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-wreaths.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then what...how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete